Monday, June 6, 2011

Bitch 'n Stitch!

I have just started having regular bitch'n stitch Skype sessions to keep in touch with my sis (Zaley) in Perth, W.A. She has just started to crochet a Nana blankey with beautiful love hearts and flowers and crazy patterns... I, however, am a total novice!  I still haven't bought myself crochet hooks or knitting needles so  I have been finger knitting, thanks to a wonderful Youtuber who posted this helpful 'how-to'.

Here are the finished pics of my pretty little scarf-lett!
If you have tried finger knitting befor
you'll know that the width can only be
as wide as your four fingers, I made one really
 long strip and then folded it length-wise
like an 'S' and stitched it in place with wool. 


I used these cool old corks instead of buttons.
 Just use a small drill bit or a hammer and nail to
make a hole through the center. I used a rulo
 loop turner to pull to wool through the hole.


Can't wait to try something a little more difficult, this was a really easy and quick little project so I definitely recommend it to other beginners :)

Here is some knitting- inspiration:
The Chicken leg viking hat from
craftbits.com/project/chicken-viking-hat

Cup cakes anyone? 

TEA COSEY! I need one...well i'll buy a tea pot first ,
then I will need one ;)

1 comment:

  1. Are you saying you knitted that scarf with your fingers? That's incredible. I love the addition of the corks. it looks very cos for a cold winters day in Canberra.

    ReplyDelete