Monday, October 31, 2011

Amazing changes

A little while ago I had the pleasure of meeting a group of women who are doing a course on exploring their passions and dreams for their future, and establishing themselves in their community.

Over two sessions I talked with them about style and confidence. I shared my believes that when you are dressing for YOU, wearing things that you love and have confidence in choosing how you present yourself to the world amazing things happen. 

The group was comprised of all ages, different cultures & backgrounds, mothers, students and professionals.

I saw these women again five weeks later at a cocktail party they had arranged to celebrate their achievements and I was totally amazed. They had taken a little sprinkle of my knowledge and encouragement and taken on their wardrobes with gusto. Each of them was so expressive and proud. Their style wasn’t dictated by trends; I could see they had created their looks with thought and passion from within. The most moving part for me was realising they are now proud and happy when they stand out from the crowd.

These ladies are now pursuing their dream careers in work placements, study and some have even already secured paid work.

No comments:

Post a Comment